In Episode 10, we talk with Dr. Pat Mulroy (@mulroy54) about her work as a PA Circuit Rider. The Circuit Riders provide information, resources, and strategies to help engage educational leaders in the efforts for fair, consistent, predictable, sustainable and equitable funding for public education. Pat helps us understand why it is important for all leaders to get involved in this important conversation. With limited funding sources and increasing expenses, now is the time for advocates for public education to get involved in the conversation!
Join in the conversation!
Each episode we’ll leave you with a question or two to think about with the idea of provoking conversation. This week’s question:
- How has your district and students been impacted by the current system of funding in PA?
- What has been the impact of the current funding formula in your district? (i.e. program cuts, staffing cuts, etc.)
Explore Additional Resources:
In this episode, we mentioned the following sites or resources:
- Commission Web site with events on December 4th at East Stroudsburg and December 10th in Harrisburg (10am) –– http://basiceducationfundingcommission.pasenategop.com/
- Circuit Rider Twitter Chats: Last Tuesday of each month 8:00 p.m. #FairFunding
- The Campaign For Fair Educational Funding is working to make their web site actionable: http://fairfundingpa.org/
- Power Point — Reasons for Fair Funding
- Funding Study – 2012
Ask us a question or suggest an idea for a future episode!
If you have a question or suggestion for a future episode, please click on the red Send Voicemail button on the right and leave us a message!
Subscribe to the Podcast:
If you have enjoyed this podcast please subscribe on iTunes! We would really appreciate you leaving a review as we build our podcast show and listener base.