In Episode 7, we discuss topics leaders need to make sure families understand about their role in take-home 1:1 digital device programs. We were joined by Shelly Feller, a parent in the Salisbury Township School District. Our big ideas included:
- understanding the vision of the program
- understanding the school’s responsibilities and the families responsibilities
- making decisions about filtering, downloading media, accessing video sites and social networks
- the biggest management challenges: responsibility, setting limits, privacy, amount of screen time
Join in the conversation!
Each episode we’ll leave you with a question or two to think about with the idea of provoking conversation. This week’s questions:
- How have you addressed parent involvement in your 1:1 program?
- As you implement or are implementing your 1:1 program, are there other issues you are focusing on that we didn’t mention today?
You can join the conversation by leaving a comment below or by using the hashtag #TLTalkRadio on Twitter.
Explore Additional Resources:
In this episode, we mentioned the following sites or resources:
Ask us a question or suggest an idea for a future episode!
If you have a question or suggestion for a future episode, please click on the red Send Voicemail button on the right and leave us a message!
Subscribe to the Podcast:
If you have enjoyed this podcast please subscribe on iTunes! We would really appreciate you leaving a review as we build our podcast show and listener base. .