In this episode, we’re speaking with Dr. Lynell Powell from the Virginia Beach City Public Schools. Lynell is a Professional Learning Specialist and author of drjoyblog.com. She is currently working to support her school division to make personalized learning a reality for Virgina Beach City Public Schools learners. Lynell also has a passion for joy and is driven by the question, How can schools be places of joy?
Here is what we talked about:
- What does personalized learning look like?
- How have you worked to build the capacity of your teachers to create a culture of personzlied learning?
- What resources have you used to build this capacity?
- What do you think the role of leadership is in transforming learning environments to be personalized, relevant and contextualized?
- What have been some of the barriers along the way, and how have you overcome them?
- Tell us about your JOY blog!
- What’s next for Lynell? What are you working on?
Join in the conversation!
Each episode we’ll leave you with some questions to think about with the idea of provoking conversation.
This episode’s questions:
- How has today’s conversation shaped how you conceptualize personalized learning?
- What is the next step in moving your learning environments toward personalization?
You can join the conversation by leaving a comment below or by using the hashtag #TLTalkRadio on Twitter.
Explore Additional Resources:
- Personalized Learning: A Critical View
- Design Fellows Exemplify the Shift in the Role of the Learner
- Educator Competencies for Personalized Teaching
- Design Fellows in Action: Student Journaling Using Google Classroom
- Get a Heads Up: Gathering Student Feedback to Improve the Design of a Learning Experience
- Student Voice: The Journey Begins Day 1
- The Not So Silent Partner
- Dr. Joy Blog
Ask us a question or suggest an idea for a future episode!
If you have a question or suggestion for a future episode, please click on the red Send Voicemail button on the right and leave us a message!
Subscribe to the Podcast:
If you have enjoyed this podcast please subscribe on iTunes! We would really appreciate you leaving a review as we grow our podcast show and listener base.