In this episode, we are speaking with Jennifer Wolfe, an expert and thought leader in the domain of Open Education Resources (OER).
Jennifer is a Partner at The Learning Accelerator, a national non-profit acting as a catalyst to transform American K-12 education through blended learning on a national scale. She is a former CEO and experienced strategic advisor who brings more than 20 years of experience to education organizations to help strengthen their strategic planning, program design, partnerships, marketing and communications. Jennifer’s work at TLA focuses on social engagement, partnerships and Open Education Resources (OER). She led the K-12 OER Collaborative, a multi-state project which evolved in OpenUp Resources. Jennifer began her career as an attorney with Latham & Watkins. She graduated cum laude from Washington University in St. Louis and received her law degree with Honors from New York University School of Law.
Here is what we talked about:
- Tell us about the Learning Accelerator and your work.
- Part of your mission with the Learning Accelerator is to share Open Education Resources. Why are you passionate about OER?
- What are some of your favorite “go-to” places you share with educators looking to access OER resources?
- What are some of the barriers to effectively using OER?
- The idea of learner agency is one of our core learning beliefs. How can the use the curation of resources promote this idea of learner agency?
- What suggestions would you make to school leaders who want to support their teachers and students in using and accessing the best OER?
- What’s next for Jennifer? What are your working on?
Join in the conversation!
Each episode we leave you with a question to think about with the idea of provoking conversation.
This week’s question:
- How can OER support your school/district’s vision for teaching and learning?
You can join the conversation by leaving a comment below or by using the hashtag #TLTalkRadio on Twitter.
Explore Additional Resources
- The Learning Accelerator
- Recommended OER Resources from TLA
- Open Up Resources
- Shift Your Paradigm: Lindsay Unified School District
- OER Commons
- CK12 (Full flex text books and individual lessons)
Ask us a question or suggest an idea for a future episode!
If you have a question or suggestion for a future episode, please click on the red Send Voicemail button on the right and leave us a message!
Subscribe to the Podcast:
If you have enjoyed this podcast please subscribe on iTunes! We would really appreciate you leaving a review as we build our podcast show and listener base.