In this episode, we are speaking with Attorney Erin Gilsbach. An experienced speaker and writer at the state and national levels on current trends and important issues regarding school law and education, and a highly-skilled professional development expert, Erin Gilsbach is the Executive Director of EdLaw Interactive, a professional development company that provides high-quality live and web-based professional education programs in the area of school law to educators and school leaders. She represents schools as an attorney with the Pennsylvania law firm, Steckel and Stopp, For the past thirteen years, Atty. Gilsbach has provided legal representation and/or professional development to over 150 public, private and charter schools. Attorney Gilsbach currently serves as President of the Pennsylvania School Boards Association’s Solicitor’s Association and has extensive experience speaking to both attorneys and educators at the state and national levels.
Here is what we talked about:
- Share with us your experience with edtech issues in public schools. Tell us about your work.
- Today we want to talk about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Give our listeners a brief overview of what COPPA is and why it is relevant to us in public education.
- What three ideas do educational leaders need to consider in regard to COPPA?
- Why is it important for parents to understand COPPA?
- What advice do you have for school leaders in regard to COPPA?
Exploring Additional Resources:
Join in the conversation!
Each episode we leave you with a question to think about with the idea of provoking conversation.
This episode’s questions:
- How does your school ensure compliance with COPPA?
- What other legal topics would you like to learn more about?
You can join the conversation by leaving a comment below or by using the hashtag #TLTalkRadio on Twitter.
Ask us a question or suggest an idea for a future episode!
If you have a question or suggestion for a future episode, please click on the red Send Voicemail button on the right and leave us a message!
Subscribe to the Podcast:
If you have enjoyed this podcast please subscribe on iTunes! We would really appreciate you leaving a review as we build our podcast show and listener base.