In this episode, we are talking with Anthony Kim, a nationally recognized leader in education technology, school design, and personalized learning. He is the founder of Education Elements and has been involved in helping hundreds of schools change the way they think about teaching and learning. As the author of The New School Rules: 6 Vital Practices for Thriving and Responsive Schools and The Personalized Learning Playbook, Why the Time Is Now, Anthony has influenced many educators. He is a nationally recognized speaker on personalized learning and his work has been referenced by the Christensen Institute, iNACOL, EdSurge, CompetencyWorks, EdWeek, District Administrator, and numerous other research reports.
Here is what we talked about:
- What are the big ideas behind The Personalized Learning Playbook.
- In the introduction of your book, you share the concept of the personalization equation. What is it, and why does it work?
- We have spoken with many authors and leaders. Tell us from your perspective, What is personalization, and why does it matter?
- How can we leverage technology in the pursuit of personalization?
- What are you hoping educators and leaders will take away from this resource?
- What’s next for you, Anthony? What are you working on that you’d like to share?
Exploring Additional Resources:
- Check out the resources on this page at EdElements.
- Learn more about Ed Elements
- Personalized Learning Playbook, Why the Time is Now
- The NEW School Rules: 6 Vital Practices for Thriving and Responsive Schools
- www.newschoolrules.com (website for the new book)
Join in the conversation!
Each episode we leave you with a question to think about with the idea of provoking conversation.
This episode’s question:
- What does personalization mean to you and why does it matter in today’s learning context?
You can join the conversation by leaving a comment below or by using the hashtag #TLTalkRadio on Twitter.
Ask us a question or suggest an idea for a future episode!
If you have a question or suggestion for a future episode, please click on the red Send Voicemail button on the right and leave us a message!
Subscribe to the Podcast:
If you have enjoyed this podcast please subscribe on iTunes! We would really appreciate you leaving a review as we build our podcast show and listener base.